Wednesday, August 7, 2019

SHE WEARS THE PANTS NOW....


model: Belouka - @belouka
(Red Models nyc)
ph. Tarrice Love - @bytarricelove
styled by Tarrice Love
when i first moved to new york and began working with agencies they were reluctant to allow me to work with their women because I didn't have access to a stylist, makeup artist, or hair stylist. Men didn't need that much, they could wear my clothes. Whenever i didn't get the opportunity to work with women, i would flex my designer skills and create a fantastic dress and incorporate menswear elements into a fashion look. 


The evolution of pants and menswear dressing has been a symbol of equality for women. Its a sign of empowerment and respect.  A lot of women who influence my fashion styling for women lean toward androgynous looks like Josephine Baker, Diane Keaton, Annie Lenox, and Lisa Bonet. My favorite designers, like Alexander McQueen,  Jean-Paul Gaultier, and Yves St.Laurent, are heavily inspired by menswear.

model: Belouka - @belouka
(Red Models nyc)
ph. Tarrice Love - @bytarricelove
styled by Tarrice Love

model: Ebonee Davis - @eboneedavis
(The Lions NY)
ph. Tarrice Love - @bytarricelove
styled by Tarrice Love


Menswear dressing was something my momma did all the time. I hardly ever saw her wearing dresses or "girlie" looks. To incorporate men's looks into the way I style women for my photoshoots is me infusing elements of my momma and women who shaped my aesthetic. I like women in my work to look strong and powerful and menswear helps me to achieve that goal.  Women in my images appear more classic, elegant and refine. The images are timeless.

model: Devyn Abdullah - @devyn_abdullah
(Mood Models)
ph. Tarrice Love - @bytarricelove
styled by Tarrice Love
model: Devyn Abdullah - @devyn_abdullah
(Mood Models)
ph. Tarrice Love - @bytarricelove
styled by Tarrice Love

No comments:

Post a Comment