Friday, December 2, 2011

introducing: CAESAR STOVALL @ Red Citizen NYC


I met  former Army paramedic turned model Caesar Stovall at the beginning of the  year on modelmayhem. We would chat on skype about our ambitions and our planned photo session. He came to shoot with me from a small town in Virgina. In person he was more than another one of those light skinned, pretty, mixed-raced boy that towered over me like a tree.... Caesar had that "it" factor..





I really didn't like the pictures from this session because i hated his hair so we reschedule a second shoot with a better hair cut. On the day of our re-shoot, he signed to Red Citizen NYC and booked an exclusive with Givenchy fashion show. His booker  had other plans for him that didn't include shooting with me - so the shoot was cancelled. He took me to lunch instead to show his thanks and appreciation for me taking the time and special interest in working with him and being his friend. He told me that it was the pics I took of him that caught the eye  of his booker at Red.



Caesar Stovall's walking the Givenchy runway show last season created a lot of buzz for him to work with leading photographers and designers  in NY. He's even had a write up in the New York Times. I am excited for him and happy that all his hard work and sacrifices are starting to pay off. I expect bigger things  for Caesar and I wish him continued success.

2 comments: