Sunday, June 28, 2009

MICHAEL JACKSON - R.I.P 1958-2009



On Thursday June 25, 2009 I was out in Soho with Brian Peters shooting when I got the message on my blackberry that Michael Jackson had passed. As we walked to the A train to head back to my place in Brooklyn, Michael Jackson music blasting from car radios and stores filled the streets. I thought about how obsessed I was with him as a child. I had all the albums. My wall was plastered with his posters. I sat in front of the tv watching the Jackson family tv shows and cartoons admiring his look and style. For me, MTV was all about him. I had the Michael Jackson doll and I re-created all his stage costumes. I use to roll my pants above my ankles to show off my sequined covered socks. I even had the Jheri curl with the swirly sideburns and the long piece that hung down my forehead. In my mind, I was him.....inspiring the world with my artistry.

Michael Jackson leaves the world with an imprint that has and will continue to influence talent throughout the world. I think everyone should aspire to leave the world with that kind of legacy.

I found this song on youtube this morning and decided to post it...

1 comment: