Tuesday, September 20, 2011

TRUE COLORS feat. PHYLICIA JONES @ M+P Models UK



This is a pictorial series entitled True Colors featuring model Phylicia Jones currently represented by M+P Models in London. I had the opportunity to work with her and her makeup artist friend, Eugene Kevin on my birthday because I wanted to do something creative for myself. Part of that creative process was me designing her clothes myself.


photographed by Tarrice Love
featuring Phylicia Jones @ M+P Models (UK)
styled by Tarrice Love
makeup & hair by Kevin Eugene



i took extra large t-shirts and old jeans that i shredded and distress with bleach to design outfits for her to wear. The pictures turned out nice but I wanted to do something different so I experimented with photoshop and played with colors. When I usually use photoshop, I just clean up the pics to correct minor cosmetic flaws but this time I decided to play with layers and filters. 



Industry people in NYC have challenged my ability to shoot women and I wanted to prove to myself that my women's work is just as powerful and beautiful as my men's work. . I think I did a pretty good job, Phylicia looks amazing. I don't get the opportunity to work with makeup artist and I do want to give special thanks to Kevin Eugene for stopping thru and using his artistic skills to Phylicia even more beautiful.





1 comment:

  1. Phylicia was on my blog - Beautiful Thing in The West Village. She is incredibly beautiful

    ReplyDelete