Sunday, September 18, 2011

I LOVE NY (sometimes) feat. NARGIS @ Muse NYC

As much as I love my hometown of Memphis, TN, I understand that to achieve a curtain level of success in the fashion industry i'd haveta leave. So on October 30, 2006, I left the comforts of home and moved to New York City to live my dreams of becoming a fashion photographer.


I decided to do a post celebrating my accomplishments living in NYC by featuring my work with model Nargis who is currently represented by Muse NYC. I custom made her dress from a I LOVE NYC t-shirt I bought at a tourist shop on Fifth Ave. Being in NY has really challenged my creativity and tested my drive. Instead of breaking me down, its pushed me to prove to myself how strong I really am.


Every morning I wake up and thank God for making it possible for me to still be here and allow me another chance to share my artistic blessings with the world.

also check out the Empire State of Mind cover video featuring some of the top models in NYC.

An ode to New York City starring: Selita Ebanks, Karlie Kloss, Constance Jablonski, Jourdan Dunn, Daphne Groeneveld, Edita Vilkeviciute, Hailey Clauson, Josephine Skriver, Zuzanna Bijoch, Shu Pei, Kristina Salinovic, Martha Streck, Toni Garrn, R'el Dade, Andi Muise, Ataui Deng, Chantal Stafford-Abbot, Kelsey Rogers, Ashton Phillips, Fabiana Mayer, Sabrina Nait, Sydney Edmonds, Claire Collins, Brenda Mutoni, Naoumie Ekiko, Sonia Niekrasz, Paris, Kaitlin, Lina, & Tian.

http://lifeandtimes.com/

"Empire State of Mind" by JAY Z feat. Alicia Keys used with permission from Roc Nation/SC Enterprises/Life+Times.

Executive Producers -- Life + Times, Devin Chanda and Dustin Nakao-Haider for Scheme Engine
Director -- Justin Wu
Producer -- Danny Dewes for Scheme Engine
Directors of Photography -- Ben Vogel and David Raboy for Scheme Engine
Editors -- Matt Mitchener, Dustin Nakao-Haider, & Ben Vogel
Makeup -- Adam Maclay for Senses New York Salon and Spa

2 comments: