Sunday, July 17, 2011

inspiration: THE EYES OF LAURA MARS


Not many movies have been able to capture the essence of the fashion industry like The Eyes of Laura Mars. The oh so chic days of New York's fashion industry in 1978 is the backdrop for this jem of a movie.



The fabulous Faye Dunaway plays a top fashion photographer, Laura Mars. Her images are more than just your average pretty picture. They are filled with sex and death and when her models begin turning up murdered in the most unsavory of ways, it becomes apparent that this is more than a case of life imitating art.

The visuals were overdosing on couture  fashions from Halston and Valentino with imagery influenced by one of my favorite photographers...Helmut Newton. When I saw this movie as an adult, I almost creamed myself. Before you watch that clip below, I would suggest you get one of your good towels to wipe yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment