Monday, January 17, 2011

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANNA SEE....




When I was a little kid in Memphis, TN, every year on the birthday of the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr , my granny would take me and my little brother to the Lorraine Motel where he was assassinated as her way of paying respects to a man who made great sacrifices so that my generation could live as we do today. She wanted us to appreciate and respect the sacrifices people have made for us.

As I reflect on this day, I think about the sacrifices I have made personally so that I could be here in NYC working with the models of color. I get mad and frustrated and I do feel under-valued but I'm no quitter.  I hope that in the bigger scope of things, they will understand and appreciated what I am doing for them and reach out and help someone else- PAY IT FORWARD. I live everyday  being the change I want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment