Wednesday, November 30, 2011

LIVE YOUR DREAMS


I came to New York City 5 years ago with the hopes to become a influential fashion and fine arts photographer. I have no real family or friends here .... just a few artist friends whom i developed friendships through social networks like black planet, myspace , and eventually facebook. Within the last 5 years I have worked with some amazing artist and models. Aligned myself with people I never  thought i'd have  the opportunity to meet and work with. I am living my dream.


That would have never happened had I not took a leap of faith and stepped outside the comfort zone of my hometown of Memphis, Tn.

I just want to say thank you to all the people who help make living my dream in nyc a little bit easier. 

4 comments:

  1. Not too many people share their stories... most just assume things but revealing the origins of your passion gives such an encouragement and inspiration to everyone around you. I enjoyed listening to this;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wondered what you look like. I've looked at your post and developed my own idea of who and what you must be like. Thank you for sharing your story and thank you for sharing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, like you, had a difficult time finding opportunities in Memphis and moved elsewhere a year ago. I hope to make it to NYC in 2012. Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement to follow your dreams and carve a path for yourself. I have followed your blog for some time. Not only does it serve to exhibit your great work but it also puts a realistic point-of-view on the beauty industry and those that work in it. The interviews are great, I can't wait to see more in the future.

    ReplyDelete