Thursday, January 22, 2009

one to watch: MAKIN CURRY @ red models nyc


from the moment he arrived on my doorstep Makin (pronounced ma-keen) Curry was a presence to remembered. Initially I thought he bared a striking resemblance to Pierre Woods @ NY models, but he definitely has something all his own.

He definitely possess the kind of beauty thats almost otherworldly. His vibe is definitely not that of your typical 19 year old. He comes off very intelligent and educated....i definitely like that about him.  




I really didn't have a set plan for my test shoot with him so we sat down and chit chatted a bit while browsing thru his model portfolio. His book is nice. It seemed he's shot with some really good photographers like William Lords, Joseph Bleu, and Jon Malinowski, just to name a few. I was trying to figure out what my contribution to his book would be. I wanted my work with Makin to show a side of him that his agency, casting agents, and clients hadn't seen yet... What we did was pretended I was shooting him for a sexy classic jean campaign... i wanted to create images that showed him in a sexy- manstream way. 



I enjoyed working with Makin Curry alot and I cain't wait to see how he progresses in this industry. He has a good team at Red Models behind him and I'll be rooting for him as well. I look forward to working with him some more he was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment